Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who's Beefin? Ice Cube, Timbaland, Suge Knight, it's the Beef Report

Ice Cube Didn't Diss Dr. Dre, Jay-Z & Eminem, But He IS Dissing Lil Wayne
Last week, Ice Cube premiered a song titled "Drink The Kool-Aid" which sent the internet into buzz mode because of the following lines that reference Dre, Jay-Z, and Eminem:

"I aint the doctor, this aint the patient, this aint that nigga always on vacation, this aint no white boy's rehabilitation"

The buzz eventually caused Dr. Dre to personally call Ice Cube to make sure everything was on the up and up. Cube detailed that convo in a blog post on the following day.

"[Dr. Dre] asked me did I diss him during the Paid Dues Show last Saturday. I did one of my new songs called 'Drink The Kool-Aid' which got everybody thinking I'm dissing the whole industry...lol 'You Internet roaches...' I told Dre that I'd never diss the man that got me started."

OK.... False alarm. Nothing to see here folks... ... but wait. A behind-the-scenes look at Ice Cube's new video "Rep That West" hit the net, and he's TOTALLY dissing Lil Wayne for being a fake gang member with the line: "People around the world that think you wanna bang, don't get your ass caught up like Lil Wayne".
That line makes reference to an incident in summer of 2009 in which Lil Wayne's SUV was blocked in south central L.A. and surrounded by guys who are actual gang members, not people that play them on TV. Is Cube doing this because he simply doesn't like Wayne? Or is it because Mack 10 & Glasses Malone (who are currently beefing with Cube) are signed with Cash Money Records? The plot thickens.

Timbaland Doesn't Want To Be Ginuwine's Friend Anymore
Longtime collaborators Ginuwine and Timabaland are reportedly not seeing eye to eye at the moment. The problem dates to late last year when Ginuwine called Timbo up to appear in a music video for "Get Involved". According to Ginuwine, Timbo repeatedly dodged his calls or gave lame excuses like he was getting "too fat" to appear in a video. As a result, the two former friends are no longer speaking whatsoever.

"Me and Tim were real close at one point," he explained in an interview. "A lot of the times that I reached out, there were a bunch of excuses. I begged and pleaded with him because I felt a certain way but I was like, is it just a bad vibe that I'm picking up on? Maybe I'm bugging out, I don't know. But it came out to be true and I still feel like he owes me an apology for that. The reason I'm pissed off at him now is because of what he did."
=======================================
Suge Knight vs. Kanye West
Remember the good ol' days when if Suge Knight had a problem with you, he'd simply hold you off a balcony by your legs until you saw things his way? The wild wild west days of '90s hip-hop are gone, and Suge Knight now prefers to handle his disputes in a court of law.

Knight is suing Kanye West for $1 million in damages stemming from a 2005 party in Miami that ended with Suge getting shot in the leg. The bullet shattered Knight's femur and he required surgery and several months of physical therapy. Knight alleges the incident would have never happened if Kanye provided adequate security for the party and people were prevented from bringing guns inside.



Does Knight have a point? Or is he simply looking for some money being since filing for bankruptcy and Death Row Records is gone?



===============================
Rufus Wainwright vs. 50 Cent
What does The Game, Fat Joe, and gay Canadian Singer-Songwriter Rufus Wainwright have in common? They all think 50 Cent is gay. Here's what Rufus recently had to say about the suddenly scrumptious Curtis Jackson.

"I think he's just the sexiest, and a brilliant writer. And I know he's gay,"...."That cute little voice of his. It's okay, 50 Cent. Feel free to call me anytime. My boyfriend and I are experts. You can come over for dinner. And maybe dessert," Wainwright said.

If Rufus doesn't have a problem with Fitty, why am I including this in the beef report? ... Because I'm sure 50 Cent's response won't be so friendly and we'll link back to this as the genesis. Stay tuned.

===================
Rhymefest vs. Everyone
Kanye West's protégé Rhymefest is finally planning to release his oft-delayed debut album, El Che, on May 18th. To generate a little publicity (or maybe he genuinely has a problem with these guys), Rhymefest is planning to diss everyone....starting with Charles Hamilton and Wale.

"On the album track "Talk My S**t," he takes credit over former foe Charles Hamilton's decreased output and visibility in recent months ("Wet behind the ears I make Chucky disappear..."), and criticizes Wale for not heeding his advice for his debut Attention Deficit ("Even before Wale bricked/I tried to pull him to the side and say those white boys won't sell your s**t!")"

As far as the rest of the song goes..."I got names I wanna name. I got ni**as I want to air out. I'm about to kill it."
==========================
That's our plate of beef for the week. It's really too bad Lil Wayne is in jail right now ,because I'd be interested in what he'd have to say about Cube's remark. Until then we'll have to settle for his weedcarriers defending Wayne... so be on the lookout for a Young Money response.


--
The Best Blog on the Web
http://hiphopcss.com/

hiphopcss LIVE!! "The Blog"
http://hiphopcsslive.blogspot.com/

Shop Till you Drop at the Super Mega Shop
http://hiphopcsslivesms.blogspot.com/

Blog Talk Radio "The Shop"
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Profile.aspx?userurl=HipHop-Culture-Shock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Hip Hop CSS SEARCH ENGINE

Loading



KIM KAR!!!

HipHopCSS.com presents THE TEXAS "SWAGG" TOUR